Connecting to Panelview 800 with CCW

Levi G

Hi I am trying to connect to a panelview 800 (2711R-T7T) using CCW version 9,with crossover cable going from my pc to the panelview . When I try to download to the Panelview, RS Linx pops up and it shows the Panelview 800 (I can also ping it )but when I click on the Panelview in RSLinx and click ok the output in CCW shows "device connection failed".o_O
What might I be missing here?:confused:
I have attached a screenshot from RSLinx.

Can you download to the PV via USB cable? If the answer is yes, maybe you'll need to do a factory reset on the PV to solve the problem.

I have been able to load program with a usb stick. Have not tried the cable, how do I configure the driver for usb cable? I think the web browser function is now disabled on the ones with firmware higher than 3.011. so I would have to connect with CCW to make changes

Resolved?

I am having the same issue. I cannot connect via Ethernet, so I set up the USB and get the same result. I can see the PV800 in RSLINX, and I can ping it. But when I try to connect, I get the "device connection failed" popup. Any ideas? I have also been able to copy the .cha file from the PV to my USB FlashDrive...but cannot do anything with the .cha file. I do not have a CCWSLN file for this PV.