Studio Logix 5K V30 - Trend

alive15

Good morning,

1- I am finding good use out of the Trend feature in Studio Logix 5K. Is there a way to export the graph into a pdf automatically after every cycle I run (I would automate the start and stop of the trend)? I know how to export into PDF manually, but would like to automate this through the software.

2- The data I need to collect would be plug depth vs. pressure exerted over a 2 second period. I am seeing pressure from a depth between 3.5 and 4.5 inches.

3- If I cannot automate the graph into pdf, would my PLC (1769-l27erm-qbfc1b) work fast enough to capture this data into an array of 100? For example, at 3.5 inches, psi = 50; at 3.51, psi = 52; at 3.53 psi = 60, and so on until 4.5? Then I would save the data of 100 points into a notepad through my Automation Direct HMI, and redo for each cycle.

Good morning,

3- If I cannot automate the graph into pdf, would my PLC (1769-l27erm-qbfc1b) work fast enough to capture this data into an array of 100? For example, at 3.5 inches, psi = 50; at 3.51, psi = 52; at 3.53 psi = 60, and so on until 4.5? Then I would save the data of 100 points into a notepad through my Automation Direct HMI, and redo for each cycle.

Yes, it will be more than fast enough.

Use AdvancedHMI to do the collection and then use VB.Net to output the data in the format that you want. Piece of cake.

I've used AdvancedHMI to collect data and then output it to Excel (creating the Excel SS internally since the company was too cheap to buy a copy of Excel), as well as to MySQL, and for data collection just like what you want to do.