PLC5 Devicenet Scanner Advice

Hi,

We will add a few devicenet networks to some PLC5 systems in April. About 30 valves and 10 drives approx per network.

I don't have the exact spec for each plant controller only that it's PLC5. Can I assume the 1771-SDN will work with all variants of PLC5 and go ahead and order or something to watch for?

Thanks

A few things
You will need RSNetworks for devicenet to set them up
Devicenet has a limit to the number of nodes per network I think it's 64 you should check on that before you start, you may have to add a devicenet module.

A few things
Devicenet has a limit to the number of nodes per network I think it's 64 you should check on that before you start, you may have to add a devicenet module.

No problems with software or configuring the SDN, done it many times. Just need to know if there are variants of PLC5 that don't support the SDN.

A few things

The 1771-SDN is the DeviceNet Module!

A few things

The theoretical limit is 64 nodes (0-63) but I believe the general consensus is not going over 40 or so. You start to have problems if you crowd the network too much.