GE Fanuc basic question, newbie

herman_swartz

I have a simple two rung program loaded. Uses IC693ACC300C switch input simulator and IC693MDL740C output module (12/24 VDC pos logic). The program uses one switch to turn on one of the outputs. When I run the program all the module's output indicator lights turn on. One of the outputs is wired to drive two #47 6.3 VDC bulbs in series. The two bulbs also turn on when I put the PLC in run mode.

I am using VersaPro v1.5 to program. The switches and output coils are drawn in red. Their status on the ladder program does not change when I flip the input simulator switchs to either position.

Any idea why the outputs are all on? Any idea why the ladder program components don't change status?

Thanks
Herman

I have used the 300 input module dozens of times for larger projects to be able to turn on special features, or change between different parts of a program when changing a machine between different functions or parts, and have never seen one go bad.

It seems that you have a one rung for one output, and another rung for a second output? Is this correct?

What is the address of the inputs and the outputs?

Are you sure that you have the output wiring correct?

Do the inputs go on and off with the switches, when you have the pc online with the plc?

Have you tried to see what happens with the simulator card pulled out?

Last edited:
It sounds like a configuration problem. Did you create a configuration file that includes the modules? Did you download the configuration to the PLC?

In the absence of a configuration, the default addressing scheme assigns 32 I/O addresses to each slot. Create a reference view table for the %Q addresses and see which of them are on. You can also toggle them on or off.

Reply to Casey,
Yes, two separate rungs.
%I00001 goes with %Q00001 and %I00002 goes with %Q00002.
I have 12VDC on the + on terminal 1 and - on terminal 10 of the output module.
The two bulbs in series are between terminals numbered 1 and 2.
The lights go out when I take the PLC out of run mode and a message window asks me if I want the outputs disabled and I reply yes, disable outputs.

There is a module indicator light for each input switch. The indicator light lights with the simulator switch is toggled. The switch contact in the ladder logic does not change.

I did not pull the simulator card.

George

Hi Steve,

Yes I did create and download a configuration file. Is there some way to verify this for sure? When I click on the hardware configuration quick link icon the proper hardware window comes up and shows all the modules.

How do I create a reference view table?

George

I created a RVT. I have the RVT displayed in a window. According to help-- select a line and put in an address range by entering beginning address and ending address range separted by a comma. The screen doesn't allow me to type (grayed out).

Herman

Oh, I am able to enter an address. Address must start with the percent sign and the correct memory area. I am monitoring %Q1 thru %Q80. None of the bits are changing state when I flip the toggle switch on the input simulator.

Herman

While you can download a program file to the PLC without taking the PLC out of RUN mode, downloading a configuration file requires that the PLC be stopped. If you didn't stop the PLC when you downloaded your folder, then you only downloaded the ladder logic, not the configuration. When the PLC is stopped when you download the folder, you are giveb three check boxes to select exactly what you want to download, ladder logic, configuration, and reference tables. In your case, you want to make sure that the configuration gets downloaded at least once.

What addresses are assigned to the input simulator module and the MDL740?

To verify that the PLC has the same configuration as your program folder, you can try uploading the configuration from the PLC to the PC, then checking what modules are present and what addresses are assigned.

When your PC is connected to the PLC and online, do the words "Logic Equal" appear in the lower right hand corner of the screen?

You can add input points to your RVT and watch to see what addresses change state when you flip the switches on ACC300 module.

Herman,

Make a backup copy of your program and attach it to a post. I'll take a look at it.

This forum will not accept attachments with the .bak extension that VP uses. Simply change to file extension to .zip (You don't have to use any compression software). I'll change the extension back at my end and open it up with VP

Here is output from log. Hardware config was stored.

---------- Storing ----------

Storing: CONFIG VERSION

Storing: SNP ID

Storing: RACK SLOT CONFIG

Storing: I/0 CONFIG

Storing: _MAIN.dec

Storing: _MAIN.pdt

---------- Store to PLC completed. ----------

.flb is created when backing up from the "Folder" option on the menu bar. It is named Herman1.zip.

Highlighting the ACC300 shows start 0001, end 0016, Addr 0.2, memory type is consumed Catalog # IC693ACC300.

Trying to download from the PLC causes it to bomb out. The green "OK" light on the power supply module to go out. I have to power cycle the unit.

Herman

I opened up your folder and I didn't see anything obviously wrong.

Am I understanding correctly? You can send the program and the configuration from the PC running VersaPro to the PLC with no problems and you can start the PLC running after doing so. But when you transfer the program and configuration from the the PLC to the PC running VersaPro, the PLC stops running and you need to cycle power to get it running again????? Are there any entries in the PLC or I/O fault tables?

Does the hardware actualy in place in the PLC rack match the configuration? Including the ALG22 module in slot 0.4 and the ALG391 module in slot 0.5? Do you actually have a CPU331 for a CPU?

After attempting to "verify with PLC" the log shows the following and then I must power cycle the PLC.

Herman

---------- Checking folder: HERMAN1. ----------
Checking block: _MAIN....

_MAIN - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s).

Successfully processed.

---------- Syntax check summary. ----------

Total errors: 0

Total warnings: 0

---------- Verifying ----------

---------- Hardware Configuration ----------

If the Master Hardware Checksum is Not Equal and

all the components are equal, it may be because the

zip file has been regenerated. Upload or download

hardware configuration to the PLC to restore equality.

----------------------------------------

"Storing of REF MEMORY ALLOC is not supported by connected PLC."

Verifying: MASTER HARDWARE CHECKSUM EQUAL

---------- Verify with PLC not completed. ----------

Try closing the GEP1 folder and then connecting to the PLC without opening the folder. ('PLC' menu and then 'Connect').

Once connected, go to 'PLC' menu and then click on 'Status Info'/

What is the device information, especially the software revision. Also, is the Folder Nickname the same as the folder you've been using?

Yes, I manually built the hardware config one module at a time. I attached a text file of the fault program output. There were only PLC faults and no I/O faults.