S5 and OP15/C1 Ethernet communication

arthur.hauer

Hello,

I'd like to be able to command a S5-95U through both OP15 (HMI) and Ethernet. Have anyone ever seen anything like this before?
I know there is the possibility of communicating with OP15, but while doing this, the HMI is inoperable.

Thanks,
Arthur

Last edited:
Hello Kalle,

First of all, thanks for replying!
Yes, it is possible to communicate with S5 through the OP loop-through mode, but it causes the HMI to be inoperable.
After some research, I found out a multiplexer connected to a TTY/Ethernet converter might just solve my problem.
For future reference, here's the muliplexer supplier link:

http://www.process-informatik.de/produkte/pg-mux-ii-fr-siemens&lang=en_&mt=

Arthur

The loop-through mode doesn't cause the HMI to be inoperable. The only consequence is that the OP won't perform life bit monitoring while in this mode.
It was possible to connect S5 to ethernet, connecting the S5LAN to a special HMI port.
Sorry if I misled anyone with my incorrect earlier reply.