Conveyor speed

JRW is spot on. Why put yourself through all that pain when you can just go and measure it?

Even if you don't have a tacho, just put two texta marks on the conveyor a known distance apart, and another one on the belt. Time the mark on the belt between the marks on the conveyors, repeat 5-10x and do an average of all your results, then calculate the speed from there.

It's quicker than crawling around trying to dust off gearbox nameplates and do complex calculations, and allows for Bubba having put the wrong nameplate on the motor at the factory (which would never happen, of course...)

Similar Topics

Hello everyone. I have a feedback from encoder to measure the speed of conveyor, if in need to control the speed of the conveyor to a preset...
Replies
Views
I need help on develping PLC logic to use a PE(photoeye) to detect and calculate the lenght of parts and gap between parts on a conveyor. Conveyor...
Replies
Views
I am designing a concrete mixing plant and require about 6 different speed pulses to determine speed of the 6 conveyors. The maximum speed is 3...
Replies
Views
Hi,all: we have over head chain conveyor drove by PF525,the total conveyor length is about 1350 foot, its speed jumping too much (not stable)...
Replies
Views
I have a conveyor whose speed varies between 20 and 50Hz through a PLC (HMI). I need to program a code with a timer whose value will vary between...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom