Outdoor VFD options

Rson

I have an application for an outdoor VFD.

We typically provide an outdoor rated VFD (Lenze SMVector or Allen Bradley Powerflex 40) but both show operating ranges of -10 to 50 deg C.

In doing some research, nearly all VFDs I've researched so far operate in this range. I'm guessing it has something to do with the capacitors in the drives.

Does anyone know of an outdoor rated VFD that would operate below -10 deg C?

Thanks.

Cold Weather VFD

Friend of mine told me about Eaton PowerXL series vfds that have a cold weather function that can get them to -20 to -30 C. No idea how good they are but it's an option.

Similar Topics

Was wondering what is everyone using for outdoor rated OIT/Panel View covers? OIT is mounted on a panel. Shade would be preferred as the panel is...
Replies
Views
I need a small HMI or numerical keypad to communicate with a Click PLC to enter a 4 digit number. It'll be mounted outside but under a canopy and...
Replies
Views
Just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with an outdoor HIM/HMI with a window (see example on website here) Outdoor VFD HIM example? We...
Replies
Views
A little OT but there will be a PLC in some of these... :) I'm looking for insulated instrumentation cabinets for summer and winter, freeze to...
Replies
Views
Hi does anyone know of a Analog Ammeter for Outdoor.(The type with a dial.) The one I'm looking for would require a 4-20mA input and a range from...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom