Expression in Siemens Simatic

Since you write "Simatic Manager" you probably mean STEP7 v5.x.
In that case, there is nothing exactly the same as the "compute" block in RSLogix.
Closest is to use SCL.
If you want to write the math code in the same block as FBD or LAD code, then you have to resort to STL, which is probably what you want to avoid.

If you consider TIA and the newer PLC types S7-1200 or S7-1500, there is a "calculate" block that works exactly like the "compute" block in RSLogix.

Hello JesperMP, Thank you very much, My question was regarding Calculate instruction. Yes I found it in TIAPortal V13 with C1500. So there is no option for C300/400 in TIAPORTAL V13?

Similar Topics

I'm writing some structured text that's handling a data structure that comes from a PC. The PC structure is in the "new" LREAL 64-bit floating...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, I've been working on an HMI using the Panel View 5000 series. I admittedly was not very good at Factory Talk View Studio, but I...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I am trying to right an expression in FTView and getting syntax errors. If {[PLC]System.Auto} Then 1 OR If {[PLC]System.Estopped}...
Replies
Views
I asked this question briefly in my previous post long post, I'm asking again here as the main point so it doesn't get buried. I am pretty new at...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, First time poster here. I have run into a problem with testing my HMI program. (I'm using FactoryTalk View Studio ME Edition...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom