Issues with delta HMI

rejoe.koshy

HI,
I have a delta make HMI (cat no- DOP-B05S101)which is hooked to Siemens s7-200 Plc.Due to some issues with the screen of the HMI, I replaced it with a new HMI (cat no- DOP-B05S111) & then downloaded the program.

For unknown reasons , I am getting a communication 3 error on the HMI.I have checked the configuration parametes several times & found them to be matching with the old one.I am at my wits' end.

Pls help!!

If the communication settings weren't changed, then it should be a problem in the wiring or on the PLC end.

But the wiring wasnt changed & the old model was working fine with existing wiring.The communication protocol is RS485.Will the wiring be different for different models of HMI??

I thought all of the "B" series screens were the same in terms of communications.

They do have some communication notes regarding the S7 in their DOP Communication (page 205) documentation - a suggested delay of 10 to 30. Maybe it's firmware related?

I thought all of the "B" series screens were the same in terms of communications.

They do have some communication notes regarding the S7 in their DOP Communication (page 205) documentation - a suggested delay of 10 to 30. Maybe it's firmware related?

Thanks- BlueAltezza for the guidance.Can you please direct me to the link for communication manual....would like to go through it in detail.

The serial port might be locked up on the PLC. Did you power cycle it? Do you still have the old screen to retest?

Yep, the old screen works fine.All parameters in the new & old are identical except the communication delay settings.

Could the communication delay be the issue??