SLC504 pulling data from Controllogix using 1747-AENTR?

Dariusincj

I'm looking for a cheap way to pull data from a controllogix system to a SLC504 so that I can use the DH+ connecting on the 504 which is connected to a historian system (along with 15 other 504's). I know that a 1747-AENTR can be used to replace the processor of a 504 but can it be used to read/msg from a controllogix to a 504 processor? I know that an AN-X2-AB-DHRIO can be used to read DH+ through Ethernet connection but it can't be used to read Ethernet through DH+ connection or I would use it. Rather than installing or changing a machine over to compactlogix from controllogix, I'd rather just try to read the data. Even if I have to msg from a controllogix to a data file in the 504 and then read that through the DH+ connection to my historian system. Any suggestions?

DHRIO in the Logix would be the quickest way. But the best way would be to get your historian on Ethernet and upgrade the SLC to 5/05 or use the AENTR and migrate the program to the Logix. DH+ is going away fast. I don't know how your historian is getting on DH+, but if it's an old ISA card that could be a real problem if it goes bad. You can still get that stuff on eBay, but I wouldn't want my data to be counting on eBay parts. Best to bite the bullet and upgrade..