S7: How to send Data Block to PC

Lilapauser

Hello!

I try to send a Data Block full of measurements to my PC via the Internet. The PLC is connected via Ethernet-to-GPRS modem. That means, that the PLC has to SEND the Data Block via TCP/IP (polling from PC is no option).

But how can I do that?? The result should be a table with the measurements on my PC (even better: stored via WinCC)

Thank you! - Jan

Hardware:
S7-313C with CP343-1
PC with normal Ethernet-Card and WinCC 6.0 Demo

Are you already committed to (or have you already bought) the CP343-1? If not, or if you can possibly swap it, you might like to have a closer look at the CP343-1 IT. It comes already loaded with a bunch of features to make your life much easier with Ethernet transactions.

Yes, I have it right in front of me in a test-setup. Guess a 343-1 IT would be doing the job, but as there will be quite a lot of PLC's later it would be too expensive.. :cry:

Read today, that Hyperterminal (yes, the Windows one) can read SEND data via Winsock and convert it into a text file. But somehow it doesn't work with my setup...

I'm not sure if the 343-1 has FTP available, but I know the IT version can send FTP packets. You can set up a Native TCP connection, which has to be polled or use AG_Send and send the data out. You can use a UDP connection.

No, it's the "343-1 IT" that has it onboard. I did an successfull AG_SEND via ISO-on-TCP to a testprogram.
Looks like the CP is sending too, when switched to UDP (RX/TX light is flashing) - but HOW to receive it in Windows??

PS: Tried Hyperterminal listening to the configured port, but... nothing!

Thanks RRobbins. Finally I found out why Hyperterminal wasn't receiving. I had to use AG_LSEND due to a bug in the older hardware of the CP343-1 I use (EX10).

Only problem: Hyperterminal has to make the connection in first place. When I try "wait for call" instead of "Call" the connection is not established.. (i switched the PLC connection type from passive to active first,ofcourse)

What's wrong? Is there a option to establish the connection from the PLC?

Cheers. - Jan

Found the prob on my own. The connection setup has to be "unspecified" in order to initiate a connection to the winsock.

Maybe it helps some1.. Cheers! - Jan

www.traeger.de

With The IPS7Link for Siemens S7 300 TCP IP
you can read I Q M and DBs from the PLC
Straight to Excel and other aplications
So Bad, the IPS7LNK.dll is Protected
with a 10min and a 3hr Time limit
The demo is at www.traeger.de