MicroLogix 1000, AB 1761 NET ENI and Citect

elroydaman

E
Can Citect talk to an AB micrologix 1000 sitting on an Ethernet network via the AB 1761 NET ENI module? No drivers are listed for Micrologix at all in the Citect driver database, although I understand that DF1 comms are supported as well as TCP/IP for other PLC's in the AB family.

Anyone run into this before? Appreciate any info pro con or otherwise!

Thanks,
Elroy

Citect ought to treat the MicroLogix 1000 and 1761-NET-ENI as an SLC-5/05 via it's Ethernet driver. That's what RSLinx does.

Hopefully a Citect user with this setup will be able to weigh in.

Are you saying I should be able to pick the SLC/505 and TCP/IP communications setup in the Citect comm menus?

If true, that sounds too easy!

Regards,

Elroy