AB 1400-PD51A Power Monitor Configuration.

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys,

Has anyone on here dealt with the Allen Bradley 1400 series power monitors? At our mill we have several 1400-PD51A ser. A power monitors on a DH-485 communications network to a PLC 5. In order to communicate over a netowrk you need a 1400-DCU comunications card. One of our current power monitors has failed, but we do have a spare with a spare 1400-DCU card (which is lucky). My question is how do i configure the new power monitor to communicate over the DH-485 network. Apparently they are done on a node system or unit ID, so i will need to configure the new power monitor's node or unit ID to match the old, how do i accomplish this. Do i need the power monitor software from rockwell, or is there another way around this? Thanks, Tex

Last edited: