FactoryTalk View Studio And ALMD

buzgibi

Can i use ALMD fucntion in FactoryTalk View Studio ?

I know its using with site edition. How can i use in FactoryTalkView Studio?

I wanna set alarm message from plc . when i adding new alarm, i dont wanna configure factorytalk again again.

The ALMD is an instruction added in the PLC logic. That instruction essentially sends alarm information to FactoryTalk View. You do not program it into View Studio.

The following video walks through the process using the ALMA (analog). It goes a little deeper into setting up the alarm information to be logged to a SQL Server. You may not need that portion, but the rest should make it all a little clearer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70_QbETsCVY

OG

I watch video .I created SQL. but he can add RSlinx Enterprise Server on his project but when i tried to add giving this info message
"A local rslinx enterprise server is already defined in this application" and i couldnt set anything like on this video. :(
I should install rslinx enterprise again?
And i couldnt see Alarm and Tag server when i right click my project.

So, lets make sure of the obvious things
  • Are you using a FactoryTalk View SE application?
  • Have you installed the Alarm and Event Server along with Studio?
  • if you already have RSLinx Enterprise setup then you should be able to right-click on it and select Properties. Do you see the Alarm and Event tab

OG