Schneider PM5100 & Kepware

ShaunCroman

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has ever had to read an Schneider PM5100 meter with the Kepware Modbus driver. I am trying to read Modbus registers 3204 - 3207 which should make a 64bit integer with each 16bit integer calculated together (using a Schneider supplied calculation) in order to give me a kWh reading. My results have been somewhat different from what I have expected.

when setting the tag i cant seem to specify 3204 as Kepware puts a 4 infront of it making the register 43204..schneider keep challenging this.

If anyone has ever tried to do this with success I would like to hear about it
Many thanks

Shaun

The 4 that Kepware is adding is to indicate that it is reading a Holding Register (FC03). Its better to do this yourself so try a six digit version "403204", make sure that Kepware knows that the datatype is a INT64 which for Kepware is a "LLong". you may have to play with the zero-based addressing and byte/word order settings in Kepware's device settings to get the reading you need.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has ever had to read an Schneider PM5100 meter with the Kepware Modbus driver. I am trying to read Modbus registers 3204 - 3207 which should make a 64bit integer with each 16bit integer calculated together (using a Schneider supplied calculation) in order to give me a kWh reading. My results have been somewhat different from what I have expected.

when setting the tag i cant seem to specify 3204 as Kepware puts a 4 infront of it making the register 43204..schneider keep challenging this.

If anyone has ever tried to do this with success I would like to hear about it
Many thanks

Check the firmware version of the meter, they listened to the folk who actually use the things and sacked off the 64bit int and made it a float in later versions, there is an update version of the register list on the =S= website somewhere...

Thanks

Many thanks for the replies

Chris- I have got the values ok but unfortunately for that address range Kepware doesn't like LLongs. I get the same values via Citect scada as I do in Kepware. Citect 7.4 only does 16bit reads. Which is great until the meter goes over 65Kwh or 65535wr

Tragically- thanks I will check the firmware revision on the unit

Cheers

Many thanks for the replies

Chris- I have got the values ok but unfortunately for that address range Kepware doesn't like LLongs. I get the same values via Citect scada as I do in Kepware. Citect 7.4 only does 16bit reads. Which is great until the meter goes over 65Kwh or 65535wr

Cheers

I just checked, Kepware will only allow a 32bit read on Modbus TCP.

Have you tried a float? if its a 64bit float then that will be interesting:)

I just checked, Kepware will only allow a 32bit read on Modbus TCP.

Have you tried a float? if its a 64bit float then that will be interesting:)

Its not a 64 bit float, its a 64 bit int, so you need to read the 4 x 16 bit int and calculate it, it was a royal pain so they swapped it to float 32 in later versions but the int 64 is still there too, registers as below:

Active Energy Delivered (Into Load) 3204 Wh INT64

Active Energy Delivered (Into Load) 2700 kWh FLOAT32

PS: Chris, I think we are in the same industry ;-)

Last edited: