Control logix. Soft & Compact Logix rslogix 5000

macs_plc

What is the difference between control logix, Soft Logix and Compact Logix ????
iam trying to learn rslogix 5000 myself...i worked on rslogix 500 only in ladder diagram, iam good in simatic manager....i tried to learn, but it totally differs from simatic....
I have installed rs emulater 5000, for my self learing purpose...

Is it possible to learn all types by this Emulator ??/
What is the difference and advantages in these types ??/

Control logix, Soft Logix and Compact Logix >??
I have already read some pdf's..but i cant
Experts....Give me an overview....

Control Logix, Compact Logix and (you left this one out) Flex Logix are all rack based CPUs with progressively lesser levels of I/O and communication capabilities.

SoftLogix is a PC based PLC execution program.

Is there any Programming difference in these types ???

Soft PLC means ?? you said PC based PLC execution means ??

Can you give some small example of Each ???

What is the difference between Rslogix 500 and 5000 ???
Why it is totally differs ???

Guide me plz

1. Programming differences - as far as I know (I have only programmed Control and Compact logix) there are no differences. The limitation is in the I/O that each type CPU can use.

2. SoftPLC - a program running on a PC is interpreting the logic program. The PC communicates with external I/O to interface with actual devices.

3. RSLogix 500 is for the Allen Bradley SLC and Micrologix PLCs. These are much smaller, cost less and have much less capability.

Dear Bernie carlton
i m also new to Allen Bradley.Kindly suggest me software version for control logix 5550 series .I have a program which i m trying to open it in RS logix 5000 v20 but Error is shown with Mentioned:'Cpu model is not present'

thanks