Creating protocols using an Micrologix 1100

eebads

Hi forum,

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to create a user defined communication protocol using an Allen Bradley Micrologix 1100?

I currently have a Siemens S7-200 that is connected to a PC via RS232, and configured using 'freeport mode'.
A specific end character is sent to the PLC, and used to trigger a move of recieved data to another table in the PLC program.

Can a Micrologix 1100 be configured in exactly the same way, and if so is there another term that is used in the user manual?

Thanks in advance,

In general this is done with ASCII port control instructions and string conversion and manipulation instructions.

The MicroLogix serial port is usually placed in "User Mode", which disables the automatic protocols like DF1, Modbus, and DH485.