Softlogix 5 to Contrologix Conversion

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone ever convert a Softlogix 5 to Contrologix using the RSlogix5K Tranlation tool?

I have a project where an old PLC5 project using Softlogix is being converted to Contrologix.
The translation tool does not recognize the PLC platform as a Soft Controller and the Processor type Softlogix 5. I cannot convert the Platform to PLC5 as I used User Defined Structures in the Softlogix 5 .

Is there any other back door way to convert this?

I hade to do a complete rewrite from scratch.

The only softlogix system I have ever seen was a huge system. I feel Sorry for you if you have to do it by hand. Hopefully you have a young co-op student that can help.

The only softlogix system I have ever seen was a huge system. I feel Sorry for you if you have to do it by hand. Hopefully you have a young co-op student that can help.

I have already done one Soflogix 5 to Contrologix, but that one I had to change the processor type in Rslogix5 from Softlogix to PLC5/60. That application had no User Defined Structures, so the processor change was accepted.