Correcting Analgo Sensor Offsets in PLC Program

Jieve

Curious, is it common to program in offsets to calibrate/correct analog sensor readings in certain applications? As an example, I have a couple flowmeters on a simple system that continuously read slightly below zero when the system is switched off (no flow), and their readings differ from each other. Is it desirable to zero these values in the program, or is it better not to do this?

Similar Topics

I have a Micrologix 1400 with an 1762-IR4 RTD. I use it to read airbag resistance on seats on an assembly line. I am often getting into a...
Replies
Views
Curious, is it common to program in offsets to calibrate/correct analog sensor readings in certain applications? As an example, I have a couple...
Replies
Views
Hi all, splitting out from this thread because it's a somewhat different question to the original. I have to migrate some code from a Micrologix...
Replies
Views
Maybe a stretch to call this a PLC question, but it does connect to a PLC input. I have two German switches: Sick WL9LG-3P2232 And a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need help with coding for a faulty component sensor which we are using a push button as we are using a test rig. the plc is a allen bradley...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom