First Tia Portal v13 project, Not Responding, crashes !!

userxyz

Hi,

I'm beginning to miss Simatic while I'm doing my first Tia Portal Project.
Previous I did S71200 projects with it, but now in version 13 I am surprised that it's still unstable. I installed it on a clean Windows, only Portal without Simatic. The most time I lost until now is because of forgetting to save and having many crashes.
Siemens must have a big ego for releasig such junk on the market..

I never bin learned to hit the save button that much, changing a little text and I must not forget to save, because the software can crash anytime...

Running it on Windows 7, clean install. Much CPU and 8 gig ram.

Anyone facing the same issues ?

Terrible.

Kind regards,
G

Last edited:
You must upgrade to SP1.
A lot more stable than the original release.
I think it is up to HF8 now.
And if you do, keep in mind that "every single package" (Integrated safety, etc) must be upgraded to SP1 otherwise TIA won't even run.

Hey

Thanks for your reply,

I have the SP1 on DVD and tried to upgrade and indeed I'm not getting it to work. Well, I could search and find the problem, but I'm in the middle of a project and I don't have much time to discover knowhow Siemens s-h-i-t.

You must upgrade to SP1.
A lot more stable than the original release.
I think it is up to HF8 now.
And if you do, keep in mind that "every single package" (Integrated safety, etc) must be upgraded to SP1 otherwise TIA won't even run.

Last edited:
:)

But in 10 minutes you can loose much. I really hate unstable software. It is a shame that even after 5 years Tia Portal is still madness.

Anyway, thanks for the autosave, I will apply it.

Also, you may want to use the "Autosave" feature of the software.
Every 10 minutes or so.

Contrary to for instance AB, Siemens support is entirely free, and personally I had a really good results contacting them for help, including crashing software. Unfortunately v13 continues to have known bugs, migrating from rock solid v5.5 can be very frustrating...

Update to SP1 ,update 5.
I am pretty sure that is the latest.
Using TIA without doing the updates is asking for crashes.

I know with the previous versions (V12, V11), and I would assume V13 as well, the service packs and upgrades can be downloaded from the siemens website. I've been using V13 the last couple months without SP1, without any issue. This was with both V11 and V12 installed on the same Windows 7 laptop (8gb RAM). But the projects were not excessively complex either, just an S7-1500, HMI and a couple VFD's.

Never save and compile at the same time or the project dies. TIA Portal can also pretend to crash at times, in fact it is just slow responding, and will carry on after a while.

Which antivirus are you using? AVG will cause a pile of crashes, and I had to change away from that.

I run Studio 5000, Factorytalk View ME and TIA on the same windows install, and Studio 5000 crashes far more than TIA portal V13 SP1 Update 4.