Frequent start/stop, conveyor.

I have a similar application; except power is much higher. Rockwell Kenitx 5500 system; 440V 23A.

It will depend on the acceleration and deceleration rates you need; but this type of application is exactly what servo motors are great at.

Controlled speed, acceleration and jerk rate. Also control for slop (backlash) in the mechanical components with an appropriately placed encoder. Precision positioning.

My application
average run time ~2.5s
average stop time ~0.8s
max speed 920mm/s
max accel rate 5000mm/s^2
max jerk is a calculated value from the inertia measurements during setup.

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Do you have any problems with overheating?

Elcan Sorry about the vacuum clutch that was about 30 years ago and I just did a search I didn't find anything either they may not be available anymore.
I would change the drive to an AC vector drive with a black max motor the should be fast enough for your application over size the drive a little over size to handle the heat.