Best way to create FTView/PlantPAX alarm db

DarrenG

Hi folks,

I've been given some help already with PlantPAx which has been much appreciated, I'm looking for a bit more now though please!:)

There's quite a lot of good information on the PlantPAx stuff but the trouble is finding the time to read through the lot of it before we have to start commissioning. I'm just looking for some advice with regards to building the alarm database as it seems like there are a few different ways of going about it. There are so many different status bits in the PAx AOI's I'm just wondering if there's an easy way of generating alarms as there is far more information available than we would usually have.

What I have found so far is that the P_Alarm AOI looks like it just allows you to pull up a faceplate showing if the alarm has been shelved etc, it doesn't seem to push alarms to the alarm server which I thought it might originally. Currently I'm figuring out how to work the PlantPAx Alarms Builder and Tag Data Edit Tool, if I can get my head around this then this looks like it could be handy and can also change the tag names and descriptions. I have created a test alarm manually in Alarm and Event Setup which works fine but to do a few hundred of them will take a while.

In Wonderware you can use a spreadsheet to generate alarms, is it possible to do something similar here? Is the PlantPAx Alarms Builder and Tag Data Edit Tool the way of doing that? It's not the most straightforward tool in the world but if it's the easiest way of creating bulk alarms I'll stick with it. There is a spreadsheet with the PAx stuff, the ProcessLibraryOnlineConfigTool which can update tag details but I can't seem to get it to work, I think it's because we are using RSLinx Classic Lite. I don't think that generates alarms anyway though.

Thanks,

Darren