FTView V9 Trend Pro

MATT116

Anybody have a chance to play with the new "Trend Pro" in FTView's latest version? Looks promising, hoping to get a chance tomorrow to run the demo sample that comes with the software install.

Looks promising too. I've just installed FTView 9.0. Haven't had too much time to experiment with the new trending. But any improvements over the old trending are welcome. I like how easily you can export data now.

I installed version 9 today and had a look at the new trending tool.
I will keep on using TrendX for now.
the new interface seems very promising, but I could not find how to get the utility to use a tag as the X axis (the XY-plot in TrendX).
I also wished they had kept the zooming capability; as tested, left clicking in the trend only allows for panning, not zooming.
I also have a specific need to highlight certain portion of the trend background(not available in TrendX either) to highlight some portion of my processes.
over all, the lack of documentation is quite staggering, Rockwell is usually very good at documenting their software; this is quite a let down on their part.
the VBA object model is not documented, no example, nothing.
I like the minimalist look of the interface and the way they display value when hovering above a trace.
A good start, I will talk to developers at the next automation fair so that they can include some of the functionality I need.