Indirect addressing in UDTs and Arrays (Logix 5000)

rrparker07

Lifetime Supporting Member
Need a little help with my son's AP Statistics project! I am writing some code for my son to test reaction time variance based on music volume. He is testing 6 subjects at a time, 3 male and 3 females. Each subject get 3 tests at different volumes and there are 10 reaction recordings for each volume. He has to test a total of 36 students. I"m trying to limit the amount of code I have to write for this.

What I've planned so far is using 6 "running test" arrrays for the current test. I created a UDT called "Treatment Log" for each of the 36 students. The UDT has the 3 different volume arrays with 10 elements each. What is the best way to get this info to my storage locations? I was going to use the COP instruction but I couldn't see how to point to the right place.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I guess the way to do this is with indexed not indirect addressing. I'm still doing something incorrectly as I am getting an "invalid array subscript" error. The syntax I used is test_array[Y] with test_array defined as dint[10] and Y is a dint. I dunno.

Figured it out. I created my tag reference y at the bottom of the "edit tags" screen and it still had the asterisk on it. We are good!