Siemens TP270 Download Failure

raccjim

Hi guys, I have a trainer with a Siemens S7-315 Processor and a TP270 HMI, using an MPI adapter to connect. I have gone over every setting I can find, but every time I try to load a program to the HMI,I get a failure to connect message. I have no problem loading to the PLC with the same adapter and settings. any suggestions as to what I should be looking for would be appreciated as I'm not all that familiar with this "classic" HMI...

Can you reach the HMI by browsing the accessible nodes?

When you try to load the HMI, is there any other partner connected to the MPI network, or only your PC and the HMI?

Janner, yes, transfer and remote control are enabled. Thomas, when I browse accessible nodes it says two, I am connected to the PLC and the HMI via an MPI adaptor. PLC programs load but no response from the HMI. When I look at the network it appears that I am connected, see attached photo.

Network.JPG

Is the transfer channel at the HMI set to MPI?
You can try to set the HMI manually into transfer mode, maybe it helps.

Thomas,to clarify, accessible nodes shows 2 which I assume means it sees node 2 which is my processor, but not node 1 which is the HMI address, see photo. My HMI is set to MPI, I'm not sure I know how to set it to transfer manually. I do appreciate the help from you guys, thank you.

AcNode.JPG

To find the HMI under accessible nodes is the basic thing which must work. If this is ok, then the project transfer is the next step.

For this first step, check in the HMI settings that protocol is set to MPI, baudrate to 187,5 kbits and to use an address which is not used. You can use address 1 in your HMI, but then your PC MPI interface must use a different address.

OK, making some progress... Thomas,I did have to change the MPI adapter as there was an address conflict. I tried to follow directions in my manual which told me to download from Simatic Manager by selecting the TP270 object and use the download button (it failed). However, I was able to download from Pro Tools. It seems that if an application was open in the HMI, the connection established itself, it showed up in Accessible Nodes, and I was able to load the new screens. I'm not sure I understand exactly what I'm doing yet, but it is working at this point. Thank you for the guidance so far!