PLC to SQL

wmorgan

Hello.

Is anyone familiar with open source projects of PLC data logging?

Basically what I'm looking for is to register/migrate all PLC data to a sql database for analysis and reporting using python, c# or what other progamming language is available.

Thank you so much in advance.

If you are planning on doing the reporting yourself in Python/C#, it is perhaps less of a stretch for you to start off from a comms driver and write the code to log the data to SQL.

Python already has an example of how to store MQTT data into an SQL database. There is all kinds of "Report Writers" available for sql databases.

You would probably just need the MQTT driver for the type of PLC your using.

Kepware or OpenAutomation, either one I believe have these drivers.

Is there a specific database engine you're required to work with? Depending on the database as well as the system it runs on you might run into limitations, and certain databases might run better with different platforms and languages...

What component/components do you require to be open source. The entire thing?

1. Does "sql" mean MS SQL Server?
2. Do you have existing SQL instances in place?
3. Do you require open source comms drivers?
4. What collection of PLCs do you have?
5. Do you require open source middleware? Open source C#?