Problem with RSLinx for RSView-Micrologix 1500

Redland Brick

Good Morning Guys,

I need to communicate with a Micrologix 1500,but I
am having trouble getting the RS-232 DF-1 configured,I keep
getting the following error when I use the Auto -Configuration.

-Unable to open the specified com port for configuration testing.

When I click OK I get-
-RSLinx has failed to configure the Com Port

Under Configured Drivers I Get-
-Port Conflict

I believe that the Com Port 1 is busy with something else,but
nothing else is open. I remember going into something and deleting RSLinxNG.exe somewhere but I forget where. Do you
folks have any ideas.

Thanks in Advance,

Generally the PIC driver is a favourite for port conflicts - have you looked at active drivers in linx .

What on earth are you doing "going in something and deleting RSLinxNG.exe somewhere but I forget where" , I might be missing something , but I'm not sure that is a good idea .

Don't forget to look outside RsLinx. What other communications software do you have. Palm software is one I see people miss a lot. As long as the little icon is in the corner, it will tie up the serial port by default.

Is it a real com port or a USB

RSLinxNG.exe is the executable for RSLinx Enterprise (for RSView Machine Edition). If you deleted it, you will have to re-install RSLinx Enterprise. What you should do, when trying to configure an RSLinx Classic serial driver (DF1, PIC) is go to Windows Task Manager, and stop RSLinxNG.exe. I hope that this is what you meant, rather than Delete. If you are trying to configure a serial driver in RSLinx Enterprise, you just need to stop/delete andy serial drivers you have running in RSLinx Classic, or shut down RSLinx Classic.