Kinetix 6000 fault question, hookup test

plcnewbie

I am getting a fault code 07 on a machine and it says to do a hookup test. Has anyone ever done this and what does it do/ entail. Can I do it with the machine running? How long does it take if not? What do I need to know about this test.

Sorry, but have never doen it before.

Thanks a lot.

I'm not familiar with Kinetix but the need for a hookup test is usually your feedback is reversed, your command voltage is reversed, and maybe a problem with a marker signal. If it has been running correctly then the signals are not reversed

It runs great. It just so happens once in awhile we get this fault. We have 2 of these machines and one is currently not running if I could test this on it I would but need more info first.

Hook up test means exactly what it says. It checks the direction of the feedback and motor. It also must turn a full turn to check the marker. It happening erraticly I don't think the test will help but doesn't hurt. Check your encoder connections to see if they are loose. Is it exhibiting any other problems? Does the motor normally turn a full revolution during operation?

I am not sure if it does or not. I seem to think the problem lays in the cable itself in that after the fault we sometimes have to jiggle the wires and tighten connections and it will run again.

Is it possible to get this fault due to build up of heat in the cabinet? Cause I opened the door also and have not had the problem happen again all night.