Ultra 3000 drive on Devicenet Setup

johnfarrugia

I am setting up an Ultra 3000 drive on devicenet and I need some help configuring the I/O tables. I understand that there are many choices as to the size of my I/O table all depending on which assemblies I use. I am using this servo system to control the x axis on a pick and place. The end user wants to have controls on the panelview to be able to jog the pick and place into position and then save the position. I was going to save the 8 positions in the PLC and then send them to the servo when needed. I am pretty sure I will need to use Assembly 9 for my inputs(11 bytes) and Assembly 12 for my outputs (9 bytes). However, I have no idea how to tell the servo which assembly I am using. I can go into rsnetworx and configure the ultra 3000 drive to use 11 output bytes and 9 input bytes but how do I tell it which assemblies I am using?

Hi, John

I just finished a job that has three Ultra3000 on Devicenet. And the amount of rotation was sent to the drive from the PLC based on information received from the Camera.
In RSNetworx, select the drive, open properties and under parameters you can seleect which assembly instances to use. If groups is de-selected, it is items ID 7 and 8. I used assembly instance 5 and 12.

Or use Ultraware to configure the drive and then upload the configuration in RSNetworx.

If you use RSLogix5000, I recommend to use the DeviceNet tag generator. It is pretty good except for one issue which was discussed on this forum