FactoryTalkViewStudio 5.1 Local to Network conversion

shrirampendse

Hello,

Initially I was told to develop SCADA local application to run on single computer running windows XP sp3. I am using FV (SE) 5.1 version connecting on ethernet to Clx L61 . Now that my local application is ready, my customer wants one SCADA server and another its client application.

(a)How do I convert my local application to network application?
(a)How do I deploy this on a server and client connected in a LAN ?

Thanks ,
CLXenggr

Try:
1) Create a new FTView Application on the server machine.
2) Right-click on the name you gave in the application tree, and select the option with "Copy" in it.
3) Point to the machine the HMI you want to copy is on, then select the right one.
4) Pray, perform some dark rights, whatever works for you, and wait.
5) Try to re-create communications links on the new server box.
6) If you can get things running, download the FTViewSE Backup & Restore Utility from Rockwell, and make a backup of the server configuration.
7) Configure the client on each machine that will run a client to point to the new server, proper application, and proper start up conditions.
8) See step 4.

WARNINGS - MAKE SURE that ALL FTView / FactoryTalk stuff is exactly the same revision level. If you apply a patch to any single computer, apply the same patch to all of them before trying to connect clients to the server.

IF it runs, disable all of Windows "Automatic Updates". Those will often cause a problem with FTView.

Thanks for the reply rdrast,

I will try this , hope everything goes well. With Rockwell's new softwares right from RS studio onwards everything is working as per God's wish. we can only pray and hope for the best.
Thanks
clxenggr