After replacing PowerFlex 70, the HIM is blind???

wendaiyu

Hi, guys, how are you?

We had one PowerFlex 70 (20A E 2P7 A 1 AYYNNN Ser A) with HIM (20-HIM-A1 SERIES A). They worked well.

Today that PowerFlex 70 was defective, so we installed a new one (20A E 2P7 A 0 AYNNNCO Ser A).

We do not change the HIM, because we tested it on another PF 70 and it’s functional.

But after we put the HIM (20-HIM-A1 SERIES A) on new PowerFlex 70 (20A E 2P7 A 0 AYNNNCO Ser A). That HIM is blind/no display after powered up.

Could you give me a help to figure out what the problem is?

Thanks.

I believe the HIM plugs into the front cover. There are some pins that plug the front cover into the "main board" located on the back of the front cover. You need to hook the top of the front cover and then swing downward to get the pins to engage with the main board. Is it possible one of the pins got bent? It wont plug in properly if you just push it on, you need to swing it downward. Do you have a spare front cover you could try?

I’m not sure where you are getting the parameters from, the plc or the old drive. In either instance the him is considered an add on “card” if you will and has its own set of parameters. It’s likely that the drive doesn’t know that the him is there.

Thanks guys.

we just put this HIM WITH the cover to another PF 70 and it is functional.

Hardware compatibility???

Thanks again.