Problem with Factory Talk Alarm Trigger Label

kevilay

Hey guys,

For some reason I am unable to change the trigger label. I don't have any sort of drop down and If I manually type anything into it it will reset when I close and reopen the alarm settings. I added the station1.faults[3] but when it triggers it will bring up the alarm banner but it wont display. Im quite sure its because its "Functions" and not "Alarms". How do I change this?

Please see attached pictures.

Thanks,
Kevin

filters.png trigger label issue.png

Trigger label is just a text input. There is no drop-down.

If you make a change in alarm settings and close it with the “X” at the top right, it will ask if you want to save. Can you try that after charging the trigger label to see if it recognizes that you made a change?

I’m not following the rest. The pictures show two different triggers with two different trigger labels. One is “functions” and the other is “faults”. Then it shows the selection for these in an alarm banner. Then you’re asking about “functions” vs “alarms”. Can you step me through what you’re doing step-by-step?

Trigger label is just a text input. There is no drop-down.

If you make a change in alarm settings and close it with the “X” at the top right, it will ask if you want to save. Can you try that after charging the trigger label to see if it recognizes that you made a change?

I’m not following the rest. The pictures show two different triggers with two different trigger labels. One is “functions” and the other is “faults”. Then it shows the selection for these in an alarm banner. Then you’re asking about “functions” vs “alarms”. Can you step me through what you’re doing step-by-step?

So the issue is that when added the 3rd fault word for Station1 & Station2 it auto populated a Trigger Label: "Functions". I changed it to "Faults" but it wont save and every time I reopen it goes back to "Functions". I tried using the X in the top right and it asks me to save. I confirm and close. When I reopen its back to Functions.

I am currently using two alarm banners. One that displays Trigger Label: functions and one that displays Trigger Label: faults. It is currently working (on a finished machine)

I Have Station1.Faults[0], [1] Station2.Faults[0], [1] working as intended without issue. (They have a trigger label of faults) I was simply trying to expand to add one more fault word (Station1.Faults[3]) due to a engineering change but I cant set the trigger label correctly.

I have a Machine.functiondisable word that has a trigger label of "Functions" (As intended)

One alarm banner displays only "Functions" and a separate alarm banner displays only "Faults". As mentioned above this is working 100% on everything except the new fault words I added [3] where I am unable to change it from "Functions" To "Alarms".

If you pm me an email address I am happy to send you the HMI program. It is a hard spec from our customer so I am not able to reconfigure how it works.

I sent you my email.

Another option is to try to export the alarm to xml. Then you can look at how it’s set, make changes, and re-import.

FTView has a lot of issues. Always has. If Rockwell’s software was any worse, it would be considered a virus.

“Functions” is currently filtered, meaning it won’t display on your alarm banner. I assume this is what you want. Try deleting the trigger and recreate it again. Also make sure that you don’t have a trigger without a bit assigned. If this happens it “should” throw an error but maybe it won’t depending on versions.

What version is it? If you want me to try it send me a direct message with your email and I can try it tomorrow.

V 11 is riddled with weird quirks, such as layering and transparency issues, personally I had a similar issue with tagging no updating even though it appeared I had changed the respective tagging. Ive since backdated my system and a few projects because of these quirks. I suspect it comes down to how it handles my specific build of windows 10

Hey guys,

I finally got it. Thanks to the suggestion above. I exported it as an XML and edited it on visual studio. However that didnt work at first. I had to edit it, but before I imported it delete all of the alarms within factory work. The word assignment and individual faults then import it. It doesnt appear to overwrite.

Thanks for all your help!

Just for the others.... I was able to produce the same results Kevilay got, every time I made an edit it wouldn’t hold. I tried a few different backend work arounds and that didn’t work either.

Also, When I restored the application it warned me that it was created with V9 this could be some version carry over issue.

Glad you got it working! Its Friday!

Kevilay, I sent you an email with a note about something I noticed, please check it.

Also, there’s a .mal file in the project directory for all of the alarms. You can just delete this file to delete all of the alarms and triggers from the application.