ActiveX with WinCC Flex

I have a WinCC Flex application for a PC670 that I am running on a Windows XP desktop pc for development. The application runs fine but I am having trouble with an ActiveX object that I have embedded on one of the screens. The object is a DVT camera image that was imported through the Tools-->My Controls in WinCC. The object properties are recognized fine and I could write a script to connect to the camera that was recognized and compiles without error. When I go into runtime and trigger the script to connect to the camera I receive a Microsoft Windows error about the "WinCC Flexible RT module" - HMIRTM.exe, modname: msvbvm60.dll. I have a simple VB application using the same commands on the same computer that has no problems accessing the camera image. If anyone has any insight on this please let me know.

Note: I have installed the SP1 for Flex and Runtime and it still does not function without crashing.

Marek

Maybe,the dll is not loaded successfully before a function in it is called.Or Wincc cannot find the dll in some configured directory.

Hi magm.

"msvbvm60.dll" sounds like it is visual basic runtime module. You probably have to copy it manually to the target PC. Win CC Flex won't do that for you.

Jesper: ""msvbvm60.dll" sounds like it is visual basic runtime module. You probably have to copy it manually to the target PC. Win CC Flex won't do that for you."

Not sure why the VB application would run as a stand-alone on the same pc then?

Sorry, I meant Marek and not magm.

Thinking a little bit about it, I am reletively certain that you have to install the ActiveX on the target PC. Importing it into WinCC Flex doesnt mean that it is embedded in the application file. It only means that it becomes callable from WinCC Flex.

The "msvbvm60.dll" may be a reference to the WinCC Flex module that crashes, not the ActiveX. Just guessing.

Not sure why the VB application would run as a stand-alone on the same pc then?
Sorry, I totally missed that you had it up and running on the same PC via VB.

I have only fumbled a bit around with some other ActiveX modules. I am not an expert.
The "msvbvm60.dll" is a bit puzzling though. It is a visual basic dll from Microsoft.
I can see that I have recieved this file in my latest update to WinCC Flexible 2005 SP1. The version from WinCC Flexible 2005 SP1 is 6.0.84.95. But the active one in Windows\system32 is 6.0.96.90.

I had an different active version of "msvbvm60.dll" v6.0.97.82 modified in February of 2004. I replaced this and re-registered with the version that WinCC Flex had which was v6.0.84.95 modified June of 2005. The application still ran fine as stand alone and crashed when using Flex Runtime. Subsequently re-registered the v6.0.97.82.

Hi,
the dll "msvbvm60.dll" is a Microsoft Visual Basic Virtual Machine. WCF (WinCC flexible) scripts are written normaly on VB and use that virtual machine from MS to be executed. You should have the same versions of msvbvm in your engineering PC and in your PanelPC (and they should be registered - is not enough only to copy them). Also, You should register your ActiveX control in your ES (engineering system) PC and in your PanelPC. You should register also this ActiveX control in WCF. When you get an error in VB virtual machine, trying to access some properties / methods in your ActiveX control, that means:
1. the method / property is not found (wrong name)
2. or the argumenst are not with the same type
3. or the CLSID (COM ID for ActiveX object) is not valid or is not registered / not exist in your PanelPC.
Because your control is working in ES PC, i suppose that third option is more related to your problem. If you know the ID of IUnknown interface of your control, you can check does it exist as a key in Windows registry in your PanelPC.

Agent

When you say "Also, You should register your ActiveX control in your ES". I am not sure how this is done. Do you do this the same way as registering the .dll.... From the Run command reg C:\Windows\system32\msvbvm60.dll or in this case C:\Windows\system32\AXSID.ocx ??? Remember this application works when I run it as a stand-alone program on the same ES that I am simulating the PC670 from so I don't see how it could be a Windows reg problem. As far as recognizing the ActiveX control, WinCC recognizes the methods and properties when I write a script that accesses them.

Hi,
When you can access methods of your control from WinCC script editor, seems that the control is already known to WCF. Could tell me exactly what error you are getting from Windows (if it is possible, could you make a screenshot of the message box)?

The actual error details are very long and in hex but this is the popup that I get with the first level of details. I attached it as a Word doc.

Hmmmm,
There is not so much to be seen. Could you send me your WCF project with ActiveX control and VB script? I want to make some tests and to debug it a little bit.