You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 17th, 2018, 02:34 PM   #1
makr8100
United States

Horner/Cscape Addressing Issue

I'm trying to set up a project in Cscape for a new install. Our config will be an RCC972 with 2 SmartBlock I/O's - HE579DAC207 and HE579MIX105. I can configure the PLC and 207 just fine, but the 105 is being a pain. When I set the address on the 105 for digital in at %I9 and digital out at %Q5 it complains about both. The error I get is "Boolean data must be on a WORD boundary to be used as INT or UINT data". I'm not trying to use it as an INT or UINT.

Googling the error only showed me one result that happened to be on this forum where someone was trying to do math functions on booleans... well, duh :P It seems to be an issue with any discrete address on any expansion I/O. Horner has some slightly outdated Youtube videos that show the expansion I/O setup, and they enter the addressing exactly as I'd expect. I have also tried progressively downgrading Cscape versions from 9.8 originally to 9.7 and 9.6 with no success. 9.5 and below won't install, seems to be an issue with Visual C 2005 on Win 10. I also tried a second PC, always the same result.

I *can* but definitely prefer not to set these up on %R addressing. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Old March 17th, 2018, 03:23 PM   #2
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

I don't have hands-on experience with that model, but I expect the error is telling you that your %Q address can't start at %Q5. It will need to start at %Q1, %Q9, %Q17, etc.
Given that it specified a WORD boundary, acceptable addresses may only be %Q1, %Q17, %Q25, etc. The same restrictions will probably apply to %I addresses.
Old March 17th, 2018, 03:32 PM   #3
makr8100
United States

Worked perfectly, thank you. Now that I've re-read the error alongside the solution it makes sense. Not sure how I missed that.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum