Looking for Controls Guru in Tampa Florida

TheStarr

Been a few years since I have been on here, but I learned a lot from everyone here back when I was a Controls Engineer.

Well, now I am the boss and looking to hire a sharp controls person to work for Coca-Cola in the beautiful area of Dunedin, FL. We are right next to Clearwater, FL which has been rated the best beach in the world several times.

Coca-Cola is also an awesome place to work with great benefits. Three weeks paid vacation and a week paid sick time starting the first year!

This is a very secure position managing the controls for a Juice concentrate plant. We have pasteurization along with fillers, case packers, palletizers, etc.

Well paid salary job with no direct reports, just manage your stuff and make the plant run. The job starts out on 3rd shift until some day down the road my current controls guy retires, then you will have the option of staying on third or being the new first shift person. Remember, this is Florida and having the days off to fish or go to the beach is a plus.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, apply at the link and send me an email letting me know you are interested.

email: mastarr "at" coca-cola.com

Link:
http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_cocacola/external/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=83955&localeCode=en-us

Any advice on getting interesting in this position?

http://job-openings.monster.com/monster/a50a04e8-f8c8-4b58-8f22-1ac416f67954?mescoid=9901112000004&jobPosition=21#

This is a great job in a well run department. No office politics, a good budget, all the right tools, and a knowledgeable boss...plus free soda, OJ, and coffee! :)

Starting to think that I need to setup a Controls training course and start cranking out people! Too bad that people with 'engineering curiosity' are so rare.

I am flexible with the requirements (Like the degree) for the right person.

We will hold out for as long as it takes to find the right person since this is a job someone could respectfully spend the rest of their career.

plus free soda, OJ, and coffee! :)

Im in.... oh wait can't sorry :) I was told that soda straight off the line is better then any other

Not any advice but other then keep looking... way back when I was working for a manufacture we interviewed about 40 before I would give my thumbs up on 1 thats not good odds but they are out there

Im in.... oh wait can't sorry :) I was told that soda straight off the line is better then any other

Not any advice but other then keep looking... way back when I was working for a manufacture we interviewed about 40 before I would give my thumbs up on 1 thats not good odds but they are out there

I'm in too! To bad i'm only a co-op...and I still have to finish college.

Last edited:
" Three weeks paid vacation and a week paid sick time starting the first year!"

Like the job, don't drink the product, and not sure about the limited paid holidays, and paid sick time - only a week - what if you are really sick (from drinking too much coca-cola?)

In a good place here, just have to consider how few years I need to work before retiring now......

" Three weeks paid vacation and a week paid sick time starting the first year!"

Like the job, don't drink the product, and not sure about the limited paid holidays, and paid sick time - only a week - what if you are really sick (from drinking too much coca-cola?)

In a good place here, just have to consider how few years I need to work before retiring now......

The USofA holidays always appear **** from the UK, 25 days paid holiday (excl. public holidays) and no limit on sickness (each case assessed depending on severity) where I am makes the offer look very poor.......

I guess I didn't mention the 10 paid holidays on top of the vacation and sick time. All together the position ends up with about two month paid time off per year. Not too shabby in my book. Plus there is Short-term and Long-term disability for those people who need more sick time.

And yes, it is MUCH warmer here than Canada! :D

P.S. If you have ever drank orange juice, lemonade, or a fruit smoothie from McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's anywhere in the world... it came from my plant. Coca-Cola makes much more than just soda.

One of the difficulties I face now is there is no relocation allowance for the job. Seems like the way most companies are going...

Well, back to searching and interviewing. I have been through four, so that means I have about 36 more to go to hit a winner!

Thanks for looking, Marshall.

John,
Thanks for passing the word along.
I have an engineering department in London that can assist with interviews in case he wants to discuss further.
Marshall.

I'd think hard about it, but I am in a happy place, with not long before I too think about retiring.

As the senior controls engineer here, I too have seen the difficulty of getting young folks interested in the field. We have been aggressively trying to hire new controls engineers for over 6 months, and only a handful of applicants, and we, too are in sunny Florida! Don't despair, they are out there somewhere!

Mark,

It is amazing that with the popularity of automation, that we do not see more young people in the field.

What happened to robots being cool?!?!

I guess the new generation doesn't put much thought into where things are made.

Marshall.

Let's just say that we are a multi-billion dollar company, with very expensive downtime, who understand the value of stable controls.

Depending on the person's experience, you may be surprised.

Let's just say that we are a multi-billion dollar company, with very expensive downtime, who understand the value of stable controls.

Depending on the person's experience, you may be surprised.

I know a couple people in the Orlando area that have been looking to make a move. Can you provide me a range of salary Min / Max?

Both of these guy's are working for a major Orlando amusement park contractor and they are paid extremely well but a major management change mid last year has many people start looking for other options.

I think 105 K would be about their lowest number and they are both AB guy's no Siemens experience.