Cascading control of VFDs with PLC and HMI

I'm new to PLC. Have little knowledge of VFDs.

I've 5 nos of Delta M series VFDs and all are connected to motors running the conveyor belts. Conveyors are placed in lines. Product is being transferred from one conveyor to another.

Now I want to make program in PLC and HMI to control speed of all VFDs in cascading control means want to synchronize speeds of all. If I change speed of any motor, speed of all remaining motors should change in that manner.

I want to add speed for individual motor as well.

Need help !!!

That is very easy to do. All you have to do is set up your PLC to accept speed inputs from the HMI and relay the command to the VFD. If you want to control speeds individually, the you just have to add the parameters to make that work too.

Bubba.

Hello Pankaj,

I had same application but on larger scale (15 motors). I used Delta PLC and HMI and did the programming for speed synchronization (casecading) using HMI macros. In the end i just moved the speed valves to PLC for D/A conversation (4-24mA or 0-10VDC speed signal). I used LS VFD. But you can use Delta also.