Red lion G306A000 - fuji electric pxr4 temp regilator

fannar

Good day !

I hope someone is willing to give me advise....

I'm new to programming over RS485

I have a G306A000 that i want to be able to communicate with 3 x pxr4(fuji electric) temp regilators over Rs485 ....

The problem is i have no idea where to start.
If anyone could explain or help me find some info i could use i would be really happy.

What i need to do is to be able to see the temp from the regilators on the hmi and set the setpoint from the HMI

Best Regards
Fannar

Dear
Garry

Thanks for the helpful info.

I can see in this example that the modbus dataregister for the Solo regliator is "44097" for Process Value (PV).

I cant find the manual for fuji electric pxr4 regilator to find the dataregisters.

Please correct me if thats not where to look for the data registers.

regards
Fannar

Thanks guys for all your help!

I have two other questions.

Can someone explain Parity ? and how to set it ?

and does someone know what wires i have to connect to the rj45 plug for redlion they are market TxB , TxA , Rxa , RxB and so one. But i need to find out witch one is the + and witch one is the - for two wire connection.

Best regards
Fannar

"Parity is a method of detecting errors in transmission. When parity is used with a serial port, an extra data bit is sent with each data character, arranged so that the number of 1 bits in each character, including the parity bit, is always odd or always even. If a byte is received with the wrong number of 1s, then it must have been corrupted. However, an even number of errors can pass the parity check."

In the PXR4 it is in section 4.1 Set Items of the above manual.
Set them by operating the front panel keys.
CoM Parity setting 0 (default)
0: odd parity
1: even parity
2: none parity

The following data sheet will show the RS485 pin connection.
http://www.redlion.net/sites/default/files/213/5087/G308C%20Product%20Manual%20-%20%28obsolete%20-%20for%20reference%20only%29.pdf

Regards,

Big thanks to all of you guys !

Everything works now with the regilator :) , i'am able to read data as well as writing set point to the regilator,

With red lion i have used a button that call Program1()

within program 1 i set the setpoint to 50°C
then i have if statement in the programme

programmed_setpoint := 50;
if(real_temperature >= programmed_setpoint){
GotoPage(Page2);
}

i wated for the temp to reach 50 but nothing happend .... does the program only run after the button is pressed ? is there no way to have the if statement waiting for the temp to reach the setpoint ?

Regards
Fannar

Anyone has the answer :) ?
You’re doing way more work than you need to. Simply select the real_temperature tag, click on the “Triggers” tab.
Set “Trigger Mode” = Ablolute High
Set “Value” = 50
Set “Action” = GotoPage(Page2)

Hey

Thanks for your answer,
the problem is i have 3 different temperatures that have to reach temp before going to page3.

Regarsd
Fannar