FactoryTalk Parameter List Value

ma77c00k

Is there a way I can get a parameter list value passed back to the logic?

I'm using FactoryTalk Studio 9.0 ME and RSLogix 5000 v30.

I have 2 GoTo Display buttons, when the first is selected it moves a 0 into parameter #4 in the list and when the second is selected it moves a 1 into parameter #4. I have verified this works by created a text box to view the literal number of parameter #4 like so: /*LN:1 #4 NOFILL DP:0*/

The problem I have is I can't find a way to move this value (1 or 0) back to the PLC.

The only way I could think of is using a MacroTen to read the value of #4 then write to a plc tag but it doesn't work because the read side thinks #4 is a tag instead of the parameter that it is.

I hope I'm missing something obvious, thanks in advance!

Use a piloted list selector. In the Value Connection put your PLC Tag. In the Indicator Connection put your Parameter {#4} In the Remote Access Connector put 1. Put the Piloted list selector on your parameter page and make it invisible. it's only purpose is to report parameter to value connection.

Is this FT Machine Edition? If so, I think you can create an HMI memory tag to do what you need; and use the MacroTen activeX.

Create a tag named Memory\Tag0, with a default value of 0.
Then use this connection in the MacroTen activeX
Memory\Tag#4

Do the same for Memory\Tag1
If you are using FT Site Edition, then you have a few more (better) options.

This tag looks odd to me. {[#2]#3.SchedOrder.PartMode}
Are you using a parameter to identify your shortcut? Are you writing values to multiple PLC's?

I am not doubting it works just never tried it. I would suggest hard code your tag path and test again.

Also tag place holders do not work in test display mode and they will not work in Macros.

Just thinking out loud but have you tried { } around your #2 and #3

Have you checked you diagnostic viewer? Are there any errors or warnings?

If you have a test bench PLC you can put your program in then you can use the Running Man / test application. Just make sure your Design Path in the communication setup is mapped to the Test Bench PLC. Then the parameters will work. I use a local IP address for my test and a network IP for my runtime. Same shortcut two different paths.

Anyway, glad you got it working. Good luck with your project.