RSLinx & Windows Server 2003 x64 Issue

booey97

Hi All -

My company is taking its first steps into automation with Rockwell and RSLinx. We have a Window Server 2003 x64 box that was running fine following our standard machine image was laid down.

However, after we installed RSLinx Classic (version 2.51), we've continue to have severe windows service issues. [font='Calibri','sans-serif']

Numerous essential services (Server, Computer Browser, Net Logon, IIS Admin, DNS Client, and others) do not start and do not even show as errors in the Event Log. Properties of both services and Events are not able to be opened. RSLinx software cannot be uninstalled as an error pops up saying there is an issue with the Windows Installer service and Safe Mode may be running.

We thought this might be related to the RSLinx firewall component but we could not find a way to opt out of this during install and/or uninstall it.

We've reimaged the machine a few times, but with the same result.

Anyone had a similar experience, have a remedy or suggestions?

Thanks for any suggestions,
B
[/font]

Last edited:
Is your Window Server 2003 x64 a dual processor model R2,
By going to Task manager, performance, do you have duplicate, dual cpu useage screens is a way of telling this.
If the dual processor is active, this seems to cause issues,
my Rockwell rep recomended running Linx with only one processor active.
I have 2 machines running the same project, and run one as a single processor, and the second with dual processor, and do find the one processor unit is more stable.

What Scada etc software are you running.
What flavour, RSLinx Classic (version 2.51)are you running

Lite, OEM,etc