AB SLC 5/05 W/RIO scanner, Flex 1794-asb

Christoph

Due to all the recent icing from the great winter weather this past week we have experienced many power glitches. reaking havoc on our drive and plc systems. 1 occurance with the slc 5/05 remote I/O. A system with 6 surge tanks with level control. first2 were reading tank weight ok. last four
had lost weight. no longer transfering data. after toggeling to prgm back to run every thing was fine. Except while reading
0 weight the fill valve opened or was open when it locked
up and overflowed there is a high high level sensor which
was working. but did not close the valva as programmed.
My question is if a remote rack locks up
does the Flex RIO Reset to zero or maintain last state
and is this set in the ASB.?????

Been a while since I have done this but I believe the configuration of the Flex module is done in the block transfer control block. Which Flex modules are you using?

Using 1794-ASB, IB16, OB16, IEB. and there are not BTW's or BTR's
any where in the program (M) files! in the slc.

I am pretty sure you can set the dipswitches in the 1794-asb adapter to either retain last state or default to zero. Probably best to have then NOT retain their last state for the reason you experienced.

Using 1794-ASB, IB16, OB16, IEB. and there are not BTW's or BTR's
any where in the program (M) files! in the slc.

If you don't have any analog modules then you would not need any block transfers. From your original post it sounded like you do have analog. One of the modules you list is IEB. Did you mean IE8?