You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 10th, 2018, 05:17 PM   #1
rick62
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Factory Talk View Client S E

I am familiar with rs view studio. so I installed FT view client s e I just received, when I try to open one of the applications In rs studio with clients s e . I get this-you do not have security privileges to access this application - click retry to login- as a different user, don't understand this error. but I have just started using rs view client, my license allows me to read and write to any application- # 9701-VWSCWAENE . was hoping I could open any application from my rs studio files and view in rs view client- what am I doing wrong
Old June 11th, 2018, 12:41 AM   #2
rdrast
United States

Do you have a View Server? The client only acts as a glorified (and expensive) web browser that connects to a view server.

Look First, Ask Second!

Old June 11th, 2018, 11:59 AM   #3
VAN
United States

Also, check what accounts you created in factory talk security/users (not the exact name).
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:37 PM   #4
rick62
United States

ok thanks , I found some more info at knowledgebase - will try that. I was hoping to create a project on a pv and connect up through this software. if possible, Thanks
Old June 13th, 2018, 05:30 AM   #5
rdrast
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick62 View Post
ok thanks , I found some more info at knowledgebase - will try that. I was hoping to create a project on a pv and connect up through this software. if possible, Thanks

FTView ME is NOT equivalent to FTView SE Station, or FTView SE Network Distributed, or FTView SE Distributed. They are all vaguely similar, but different platforms.

ME and SE Station can run stand-alone on one PC. Either of the distributed versions requires at least one FTView SE Server license, as well as SE Client licenses.

Look First, Ask Second!

Old June 13th, 2018, 04:57 PM   #6
rick62
United States

I purchased this software from a business that closed. hard to pass up. I am very familiar with ft view studio me. have all necessary license legit. what I found on rs knowledgebase was maybe some ft view studio me applications could be moved to ft view client. was hoping I could use ftview client sometimes to connect thur network for any hmi applications in the field. anyway thanks for all of help and suggestions.
Old June 13th, 2018, 04:59 PM   #7
rick62
United States

this software came new with necessary license . all legit
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum