You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 13th, 2018, 04:22 AM   #1
janner_10
Supporting Member
United Kingdom

KEPWare to GE DCS

We have a customer that wants to extract data from a GE Alspa 8000 DCS which has profibus on-board, into a CLX

The amount of data is > 2000 bytes, so this rules out the Pro-Soft PB Card and the usual suspects of gateways.

My thinking is KEPWare, with a Hilscher Universal Driver and associated PCI Card for the PC.

Is this on the right track?

Not your everyday question I admit, but I thought someone may have done something similar.
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:29 AM   #2
harryting
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Assuming you can get KepWare to talk to the GE side, you can then use Advanced Tag option to link it to a CLX Unsolicited driver. I have done this before just to test something out. The AB Unsolicited driver is a bit of pain, if I remember correctly as it limit what you can name the tags. Basically it simulate a contrologix data table.

It doesn't hurt to try, I think Kepware works for 30 days as trial ware without a license.
Old June 14th, 2018, 12:14 AM   #3
janner_10
Supporting Member
United Kingdom

The CLX side doesn't bother me, it's talking to the sh!tty GE DCS that seems to of got head scratching going at this stage.
Old June 14th, 2018, 09:46 AM   #4
Fred_Loveless
United States

By default kepware will run as a demo timing out in 2 hours. you stop and start the server to get another 2 hours. You can also contact Kepware and get a trial license that will run 24/7 for the duration of that trial period.

You should contact Kepware and talk to one of the sales support engineers they can help you work through any issues.
Old June 14th, 2018, 04:11 PM   #5
Sapper307
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by janner_10 View Post
The CLX side doesn't bother me, it's talking to the sh!tty GE DCS that seems to of got head scratching going at this stage.
Hey now, in GE's defense I'm pretty sure Alstom created the Alspa. GE was just dumb enough to buy it.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum