You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 13th, 2018, 10:59 AM   #1
Karinrinkashi
United States

IFM Sensors going to idle state randomly.

Hello everyone and good morning (almost noon here in ATL),

So, we have a 16-20 oz bottle line that we run at around 1020 bpm on the filler. We have an empty bottle conveyer that uses air to push bottles into the filler. There are 4 sensors on this empty bottle conveyer in order to monitor gaps, and also in case of a lack of bottle supply, to slow down and eventually stop the filler until bottles are restacked from the bottle blower.

We will call these four sensors as follows:
Sensor 1: The farthest from the filler and the first to monitor the bottle presence. If no bottles present, slows the filler down 75% speed
Sensor 2: Second in the line. Same function, but slows the filler down to 50% speed in case of no bottles.
Sensor 3: Third in line, same function, slows the filler down to 25% speed in case of no bottles.
Sensor 4: Last in line, closest to the filler, cuts the empty bottle supply and stops the filler.

All of these sensors are IFM O5G00 sensors with 1 point (On or OFF) or two point (ON and OFF) functions. Some are older than others but they are all the same.

The problem that i am encountering is that all 4 of these, ever few weeks, just go to idle. As if they just went to sleep for no reason, without anyone touching them or factory resetting them manually. And all 4 do it AT THE SAME time.

Reteaching them is no issue at all, but has anyone seen this happen before? My first guess was that maybe there is a short or something in the panel where all of them are going and when the short happens, they all lose power and just go into limbo on startup? But wouldn't they remember their last taught state after a power up?

I have been actively trying to troubleshoot this issue, but wanted to see if anyone had any past experiences with this?

Thank you

KARIN
Old June 13th, 2018, 07:55 PM   #2
rupej
United States

If you wanted to factory reset or teach them, how do you do it? Is it possible they are getting this signal erroneously?
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:39 PM   #3
Karinrinkashi
United States

I wish i had an answer to that. I taught them last week and they are back to reset state today. Annoying!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum