FTView Studio v.12 question mark on .mer

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I have a PV7, using FTViewStudio v.12. When I load the .mer I get "?" instead of text. I haven't had this happen to me before when it comes to a simple label. For example, I created a shutdown object and labeled it "shutdown". My runtime file displays a "?" instead of the text from just the label. This is a new one for me. I have had it happen before whilst trying to display a numeric value from a tag before but not this. Thank you.

The question mark is shown because no text has been defined for the object. In my experience, this usually happens for one of two reasons.

1. There is no text defined for the object. Based on what you've described, I'm guessing this isn't the issue.
  2. The runtime language doesn't match the development language.

With the second one, you would likely see the question marks on all objects with text. The first one would appear only on a single object.

Do you have text on other objects?

OG