Communicate with a Powerflex 70 AC Drive through Ethernet ip

Thank You

Ken,

The video was very useful. We have the process ready to go we are just waiting for instructor approval before we flick the switch.
I’m sure we will be posting more question as we try to finish our tech thesis project.

Thanks again,
Rick

Thanks!

This video is just what I needed to get some programming done without any drives to test on. This will save me plenty of time on a startup next week!

Mike

Spring can't come early enough, can it ?

I happened to be teaching seminars on this very topic this week and tried to capture the basics in a narrated slideshow.

It's pretty blurry because of the video compression, but it might show you the basics:

RSLogix 5000 v16 Premier Drive Integration on YouTube

I followed that guide but still the drive won't work XD
I can monitor the tags and see the inputs on the drive etc but when setting the start bit nothing happends.

The drive status is:

Enabled
Command Direction (Forward)
Rotating Direction (forward)

The drive works when doing the autotuning in the wizard.
Anyone got any ideas for me?

Last edited:
Are you sending the drive a speed reference?

If Speed reference = CommandedFreq my answer is yes :) in the video all he did was to set that tag and set the Drivelogic_rslt_start bit and then it worked.i have been struggeling with this for a few hours so i'm getting pretty tired and feeling stupid. and it's probably someting stupid also! :)

Last edited:
Is my wiring wrong? when i started this i didn't use any inputs at all and when i found this thread and that youtube video i saw that he used input 1 and 2 for stop/start i just wired them quickly so that they always have inputs.