Mapping of Status/Feedback,Reference/command of a powerflex 70 drive

srv

Hi,

How we can get Status/feedback,Reference/commands mapped to a rslogix 5000 program.We are using powerflex 70 drive and 1756-DNB module with control logix system.I have gone thorugh different manuals from Allen-bradley.But i couldn't get exact location where we can find all these parameters.Anybody please help me.

I don't create them under Devicenet, but under ControlNet, I configure them to use DataLinks for control, can you do that?

In that case, they show up in the I/O tree, but I'm not sure if you can do that with DeviceNet.

The difference between DeviceNet and ControlNet/EtherNetIP is that you use RSNetworx to enable the DataLinks, and manually change the I/O size to match.

The question was about the default I/O image, which includes Status and Feedback on the Input side, and Command and Reference on the Output side. This is the very simplest implementation of DeviceNet and an AC drive, and it's been done the same by A-B since 1995.

The basic Status and Command word map is in the 20-COMM-D User Manual, in Appendix D. Chapter 5 of that same manual has an excellent overview of how the I/O connnection works, as well as a good description of how the internal units are scaled to Hertz or to RPM.

It's going to matter whether you are using the Standard Control or the Enhanced Control version of the PowerFlex 70 drive; the Enhanced Control uses a 32-bit reference, not a 16-bit reference.

The three best publications to have for this are:

20COMM-UM002, User Manual for the 20-COMM-D Adapter
20A-UM001, PowerFlex 70 User Manual
DNET-UM004, DeviceNet Modules in Logix 5000 Control Systems

All of these manuals are available for free download from the literature.rockwellautomation.com website.

The DeviceNet Tag Generator tool that is included with RSLogix 5000 will also automatically generate appropriate tags and data handling logic.

In addition to Ken's detail, since you mentioned DeviceNet, have you checked your scanner in RSNetWorx for DeviceNet? Open the scanner and select the Input tab to see which tags the device has been mapped for status. Open the Output tab to see where the Control has been mapped.

OG

In addition to Ken's detail, since you mentioned DeviceNet, have you checked your scanner in RSNetWorx for DeviceNet? Open the scanner and select the Input tab to see which tags the device has been mapped for status. Open the Output tab to see where the Control has been mapped.

OG

In addition to Ken's and OG's detail, check to see if the PF70 is included in the Scanlist in the DNB, you will not see Input and Output mapping for the PF70 unless it is.