Add drive I/O controller to Proficy machine edition.

phongnhatdo

helllo.
- I was created one project with Proficy machine Edition 7.0. On it I choice controller Series 90-70 PLC, my system PLC consits power, CPU, module IC697BEM721 and DI, DO.
But when config on proficy then I dont see IC697BEM721 module any where in catalog selection off hardware configuration. You can see below.

I want to know How to do add one drive to catalog device of proficy ME?
PS: It same to add file GSD of PLC Siemens.
Hepl me.

The IC697BEM721 "I/O Link module" is not supported in Proficy ME, also the module is no longer available as most of the 90-70 product line is no longer available. It was typically used in very old systems to communicate to Fanuc/GE Fanuc CNC products.
The RX3i version IC694BEM321 is still available today.
We cannot add modules to Proficy, GEIP reserves that right, generally they add new module capability with a SIM.

Russ, Configuring the IC697BEM721 in LM90 you configure it as a Foreign VME. Could you configure it as a Generic VME I/O Module in Proficy?

Dear Russb.
Now system machine use PLC GE 90-30 connect to CNC by I/O link. The series 90-30 discontinious, so I want to replace 90-30 to 90-70 series. But with Versa pro and proficy ME not support I/O link for 90-30.
I wan to know with solution controller available of GE then, what controller can be replacement for 90-30 series with I/O link?
thank so much.

If I had a 90-30 today that I wanted to keep it going indefinably, here is what I would do:
1. As soon as possible replace the CPU, power supply and main rack with RX3i parts. - This can be done and keep nearly all of the older 90-30 I/O modules, but verify that what you have is compatible.
2. If or when the 90-30 modules need to be replaced and for any backup items. Use up what you have then replace with RX3i part numbers. In most cases the only difference today is the plastic case and the part number 90-30 is IC693xxxyyy, RX3i is IC694xxxyyy. (IC694xxxyyy will save a little money today.)
3. For any special modules, like I/O link, Genius, APM etc. Research what is available for upgrading or updating devices then try to migrate to Profinet or MB-TCPIP.
...For PCM, co-processors or other "smart" or "third party" module look into the no cost "C" block and write some code or look at updating the devices on the other end and use Profinet or MB-TCPIP here too.

This is for the higher end of the 90-30 system say CPU331 and above. For any of the lesser processors I would look into a VersaMax system or maybe even VersaMax Micro, these are two different families.
If you want the latest today from GEIP, look at the RXi using RSTi, VersMax or VersaPoint I/O or some combination thereof.
Look here for information on all.
_Control Catalog
_Motion Catalog

Last edited:
Dear Russb.
system PLC use CPU IC693CPU323, it less than CPU331.
RX3i can be replace for CPU323?
Thank Russb so much.
Yes it can. What you need to do though is analyze everything in the rack and make sure that whatever you upgrade to or change to has the ability to either use what is there or has a replacement that can be used.

In your case I believe that you should consult with your local supplier and support group to be sure that you get the proper equipment and tools to support you into the future. Start looking here.

Analyze your whole system and backup or replace the weakest links first, it may not be the 90-30 PLC.