FTView ME .MER file conversion

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
A customer has sent me a older .MER file that I want to open up in FT View ME 7.0. It says that I need to run the Legacy Tag Converter but since I have a 64 bit system it says I need to run it once on a 32 bit system and export the tags and then I have to run it again to make it work on a 64 bit system.

Would one of you guys be able to convert this to a file I can use in a 64 bit system? The file is attached.

Rockwell can sometimes make much harder than it needs to be!!

Thanks!!

I restored this *.MER file, which had been created as version 5.10, using the Application Manager.

Then I opened it up with FactoryTalk View Studio 6.10. Doing so automatically converted the database to the 'new format', so I couldn't use the database converter.

So I exported the Tag Database from the FTView Studio project, so you should be able to import into the new project once you've opened it in FactoryTalk View Studio 7.0.

Last edited:
And it occurs to me that maybe just converting this to version 6.10 will let you open it better in version 7.0.

I have v6.10 running on 32-bit Windows XP.

rrr... to big a file. I've PM'ed you a DropBox link.