Lost comms using CCW for PowerFlex

In a never ending fog of "I want", "Why can't we"
Hello all, I have a question for anyone who uses Connected Components Workbench (CCW) software from Rockwell. I am new to this software and am using it for the first time on my current project to install a PF753 drive for a machine upgrade. I am losing comms with the drive. I am using a USB adapter connected to a 1203-SSS serial converter from my laptop to the drive (same set-up I use for PF70 drives). Driver is configured as follows: Device = 1770-KF2/1785-KE/SCAN port, 9600 Baud Rate (matches the baud rate uploaded from the 1203-SSS), Parity = NONE, Error Checking = BCC, Protocol = Full Duplex. Goes online for anywhere from 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes. No real pattern to it. Usually stays online just long enough to ALMOST complete a download....then kicks me offo_O. Have to go re-configure the driver every time it kicks me off before I can go back online. Even tried deleting the Harmony file and doing a complete new configuration a few times...same results. Finally got so irritated that I just entered all of the parameters on the keypad of the drive and used the CCW on my laptop as a reference. I need to be able to stay online so that as I can tweak and tune the drive. Any thoughts?