12 V PLC suitable for automotive use?

ROAMER_AUS

Can anyone recommend 12V PLC , to be used in a car. That is robust and can handle variations in normal car voltage?

Bit on a budget side to :)

Try automationdirect.com They used to have one, don't know if they still do. Several years back they used to sponsor a NASCAR race car in that drek that passes for racing in the US. IIRC they used a PLC in the car. I can't imagine for what, except advertising.

How about an Arduino or RaspberryPi? If you're committed to a PLC type language then Codesys is now available on the RaspberryPi for 35 Euros.

Greetings,

You may want to consider an embedded PLC. In this case we distribute the FMD88-10 from Triangle Research. The operating voltage range is 12 - 24 VDC.

The outputs are transistor, not relay and are not bound by the coil voltage of the board relay. So you will have the ability to operate in the 12 to 14 volt typical range. The variance is +/- 5%

More information can be viewed through the following link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/tri-plc/fmdseries.htm

Should you require more I/O there is the FMD-1616-10 and expansion boards.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to post, pm or email to me.

Disclosure - ESI is an authorized distributor for Triangle Research.